(From Mobile Bay Monthly: see the complete 40 Under 40 list here.)
GRANT ZARZOUR, MD
Total Joint Orthopaedic Surgeon, Alabama Orthopaedic Clinic
Grant has been repeatedly recognized for his achievements in orthopedics. He was one of two fellows selected for a Mississippi sports medicine joint replacement fellowship, and he was one of three orthopedic residents selected for the USA Medical Center after graduating in 2007. In addition, he’s also involved in the startup scene in Mobile. Grant cofounded the Fuse Project and still serves on its board of directors. He also helped with the launch of the Innovation PortAL and works with other local nonprofits, including Go Kickball, Gulf Coast Ducks and The Fort. Beginning in January 2018, he will sit on the board of the Mobile Chamber of Commerce.
- Alma Mater University of Georgia; University of South Alabama
- Hometown Mobile
- Spouse + children Brie; Wyatt (2), Campbell (4 months)
- First job X-ray film developer at West Side Bone & Joint
- Where would you take an out-of-town guest to eat? The Noble South
- Best advice you’ve ever received Choosing a spouse is the most important decision of your life
- Favorite thing about your job Helping people walk without pain
- As a surgeon, what draws you to also work with local startups? I want to live, work and play in a vibrant community where every kid has the opportunities I was given. Luckily, there are teams of like-minded people helping all of these big ideas come to fruition.