Beginning Monday, 05/02/11, Alabama Orthopaedic Clinic, P.C. is partnering with Volunteers of America to begin accepting donations and send care packages to those affected by the tornados in central Alabama. We will be a collection site for anyone in Mobile who wants to bring these items and then we will have the Volunteers of America send them to where they are needed most.
The following items are needed in shoebox sized Rubbermaid type containers. The point is to have it in something those affected by the tornado can take with them and store their items in.
- Gift Cards
- Toilet paper
- Toiletries – travel size preferred
- Soap – travel size in Ziploc bag
- Baby Shampoo/Wash/Lotion
- Feminine Products
- Hand sanitizer
- Colors and Coloring books
- Power Bars/Granola Bars/Lunch Box size Crackers
- Pedialyte (they make on-the go packets as well as the bottle kind)
- Crystal Light/Gatorade type on the go packets
- Baby Bottles/Pacifiers
- Shoebox size containers – Rubbermaid, Glad, etc…
- Adult/Baby Diapers***
- Wet Wipes/Diaper Wipes***
- Wash Cloths/Towels***
- Ziploc Bags***
- Bottled Water***
These items can be brought separately to be made into care packages OR brought to AOC already “pre-care packaged”. If they are pre-packaged please label who it is for. (Adult Female, Adult Male, Child, Infant)
***These items can go by themselves and do not have to fit into the boxes
Drop-off areas will be in the 1st floor Surgery Center waiting room and Pain Management.
Please contact the Marketing Department at 410-3600 if you have any questions about donations.