Matthew D. Barber, M.D.
Dr. Barber is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in joint replacement for hips and knees. Serving residents of Mobile, Al and surrounding areas, Dr. Barber always considers non-surgical treatments before recommending surgery for his patients. When surgery is required, Dr. Barber employs the latest surgical techniques and technology. For patients in need of a knee replacement, Dr. Barber offers ConforMIS Customized Knee Implants, to better match the patient’s knee replacement to their own unique anatomy. Dr. Barber is the only surgeon in the area offering this advanced option for knee replacement surgery.
Area of Specialty
- Joint Replacement
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Arizona Institute for Bone and Joint Disorders, Pheonix, AZ - Joint Replacement
- Residency; University of South Alabama Hospitals, Mobile, AL - Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile, AL - Doctor of Medicine
- University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL - Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences
- Alabama Orthopaedic Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- Medical Society of Mobile County
- Mobile Infirmary Medical Center
- Springhill Medical Center