W. Christopher Patton, M.D.
Area of Specialty
- Sports Medicine
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Hughston Sports Medicine Foundation and the Hughston Clinic, Columbus, GA - Sports Medicine
- Residency; University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Chattanooga, TN
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX - Doctor of Medicine
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS - Bachelor of Arts in Biology
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Hughston Society
- Medical Society of Mobile County
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
- Mobile Infirmary Medical Center
- Springhill Medical Center
Additional information, articles and links about Dr. Patton
- View Dr. Patton's Bio on the AAOS Website
- Visit AOCSports.com for more information about Dr. Patton
- Dr. Christopher Patton inducted as an Honorary member of the Cottage Hill Christian Academy Athletic Hall of Fame
- ACL Reconstruction Surgery
- Summer Sports: Who Will You Draft?
- Comebacks Start Here: Mr. Terry's Success Story
- Dr. Patton, Sports Medicine Physician You Can Trust On and Off the Field
- Sports Injury Analysis: Louisville Player Kevin Ware by W. Christopher Patton MD
- Patient Success Story: Dr. Patton Helped Me Get Back To Work
- Injury Analysis: University of Alabama RB Jalston Fowler by Dr. Patton
- Return to Sports After ACL Reconstruction
- ACL Injuries. What ESPN doesn’t tell you.
- Stress Fractures In Athletes
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) and Meniscal Tears
- Your Shoulder And Your Options
Pulmonary dysfunction in patients with femoral shaft fracture treated with intramedullary nailing. Norris BL, Patton WC, Rudd JN Jr, Schmitt CM, Kline JA. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2001 Aug;83-A(8):1162-8.
Biceps tendinitis and subluxation. Patton WC, McCluskey GM 3rd. Clin Sports Med. 2001 Jul;20(3):505-29. Review.
Periarticular heterotopic ossification after multiple knee ligament reconstructions. A report of three cases. Patton WC, Tew WM. Am J Sports Med. 2000 May-Jun;28(3):398-401.
Prevalence of negative-pressure pulmonary edema at an orthopaedic hospital. Patton WC, Baker CL Jr. J South Orthop Assoc. 2000 Winter;9(4):248-53.